Sunday, November 15, 2009

Challenge 3 - Eco-Friendly Yoga

Heat wave still in progress. Too hot for stairs. What to do? Something low-impact. Something I have never done before. Something primal ..

Something ... yogic.

Excellent. I Google yoga and find a website that advertises ECO FRIENDLY YOGA. As opposed to what, I wonder? They also advertise blocks, straps, props, bolsters and tools. I check for ratings warnings and pop-ups for PVC leotards. (One can never be too careful.)

Am alarmed to see poses with names such as 'Dog, forward' and 'Corpse'. On second thought Corpse sounds right up my alley. Damn sight better than 'Head to knee'.

Excitement grips. What to wear? There hasn't been any Lycra in my wardrobe for a decade at least. Swim suit has Lycra! It will have to do.

Partner enters room and asks if he is interrupting my yoghurt. I soldier on valiantly. 'Downward facing dog' claims to rest the heart. My heart feels like it's migrated to my ears. I decide Downward facing dog is a bit beyond me. Maybe tomorrow.

Finally take the Corpse position. Now this is more like it. I rest my bits for a minute or two then go looking for red wine and the name of a good chiropractor.

You know, this yoga stuff could grow on me.

3 comments:

  1. My little thing is to read your thing everyday. Ha ha ha. We could all do with a good laugh. Actually I'm obsessed currently with learning the folk harp. I can play scarborough fair and my love is like a red red rose fluently after two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what a folk harp is, but it sounds ... folksy. Am teaching Sophia Scarborough Fair as audition piece for choir. Making the poor kid listen the Simon & Garfunkel version every night before she goes to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Folk harp is like a real harp that shrunk in the wash, and lost all its pedals. My aim is to be able to do weddings and charge $300 an hour. Revenge on all brides will be mine.

    ReplyDelete